– The Stable Cottage has uninterrupted views of the mountains and across the Mediterranean.
– The Cottage is bright and cheerful, white walls, furnishings in azure blue with touches of yellow.
– The living space, (with double sofa bed) seating, dining and kitchen areas are all upstairs.
– There is a full sized bath with shower, basin and toilet.
– The large bedroom is located downstairs and includes a comfortable double bed, plenty of books, sofa, and cupboards.
– The set up is Self Catering.
– Pets are welcome as long as they are well behaved and do not wish to sleep on the furniture! Free Internet and WiFi access.
(If you need more space then we can provide the use of a friends accommodation which sleeps 7 in two small apartments 2 minutes away.)
– €90 per couple per night. Children for negotiation dependant on age.
– Discount for anyone staying over 2 weeks.
– Welcome pack for anyone staying 3 nights and over.
– Same rate throughout the year.
It is a gem of a true medieval village, and remains unspoilt. Even the surrounding countryside is still open terraced fields, so one can see and admire the village in its entirety.
Sainte Agnès is in a unique position. It is perched on the mountain side 10 kilometres above the town of Menton on the French Riviera, just inside the border before Italy. A lovely ‘forgotten’ corner of the coastline on the Mediterranean.
The village is situated at 750 meters above sea level, so enjoys a cooler climate in the long hot summers. It is one, out of 142 villages, designated as ‘the most beautiful in France’ and acknowledges this accolade with a simple pride.
One can only park cars at each end as the ‘streets’ are narrow and cobbled, strictly for humans and the odd donkey!
Due to it’s unique position the views are quite spectacular, over the mountains or out across the deep azure blue of the Mediterranean.
Village amenities include a resident doctor, village shop, 3 restaurants, fort, ruined 10th Century Chateau, Medieval Garden and plenty of local well signed walks.
For more walks visit gr-51.com
To bring you all up to date, yes I can hear you murmuring, about time! OK I have been away in Western Australia for 3 months, and am now back and ready to start the season again here on the fabulous Cote d ‘Azur.
Already guests have arrived and are enjoying the beautiful Spring weather, the walkers are out on the mountains enjoying the wild flowers and stunning scenery.
The wild lavender has been cut on the mountain sides this past weekend and is now lying on the salle de fetes floor drying ready for the essential oil distilling which coincides with the Lavender festival held in the village next weekend. The scent in the salle is over powering at present.
A group of villagers went out at 6 am to cut the Lavender. The reason for the early hour is to try to avoid the heat of the sun and the busy bees! (more…)
Bookings and enquiries:
60 Rue de Pellalaira